Hey!! So today’s bio is yours truly! Here is some of the information you may not know about me!
For those of you who don’t know me my name is Claudia, which can be pronounced Clo-dia, Cloud-ia, Claw-dia, or Pod-ia as the kids like to call me….
I have been a member of this Senior National Team since 2012 and this is my 15th year of Synchro! I have had some incredible moments these past 4 years competing at the 2013 World Aquatics Championships, 2015 Pan American Games, 2015 World Aquatics Championships, 2016 Olympic Qualifier and many more in betwe
I started synchro at the age of 8 after watching the 2000 Summer Olympics. I trained at the Repsol Sport Centre with the Calgary Aquabelles for 10 years before making the big move to Montreal to pursue my Olympic Dream.
While I was training with the Aquabelles, I also had the opportunity of going to St. Mary’s High School CCSD as an honour roll student and started my 1st year of Nursing at Mount Royal University. I am now at Concordia University as an independent student studying french and business… Still deciding on what I want to be when I grow up 😜
Some interesting facts about me:
– I have a mini statue of Barney that I take with me to every competition…. a good luck charm with a long story behind it….
– I am going to be 23 in exactly 2 weeks today!
– I understand German and can speak it well when in dire need 😉
– I can plug my nose with my lip
– I have a different handshake/pre-competition ritual with each coach I’ve had
For those who haven’t had the chance to follow me on social media you can follow me on:
Hope to hear from you soon! xo